Tuesday, May 12, 2009

may quote of the day: on travel

I've been on the road for a few days with my pup. Is is thrilling to see new things and explore new places, no matter how big (like the World's Largest Apple Basket) or small (like the quaint town of Dresden, Ohio).

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

This is good travel advice too:

"When preparing to travel, lay out all of your clothes and all of your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money."
-Susan Heller

2 comments:

  1. Have fun travelling and experiencing new places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Heller means "half" the clothes...but otherwise she's right on, unfortunately, especially if your travel (as mine does) includes good food and drink, lovely trinkets and frivolity! (Can there be any other kind of travel?)

    ReplyDelete