Sunday, July 19, 2009

no buy july: making presents


Another birthday this month. Alison is turning 30 and has the
greatest taste in music. She's old, she likes music, so I gave her a
Lawrence Welk record shaped into a bowl for entertaining.
How to: put a record and and some rocks on top of a glass bowl
and pop it in a 300 degree oven. As the LP begins to soften
and sink, you can mold it and shape it as desired,
then plunge in cold water.

Other ideas:
make CD mixes
write a poem
draw or paint a picture
spend time with the birthday gal/guy

1 comment:

  1. This is my birthday month, so I signed up online for all the freebies you get just for being born! Already I have been rewarded with a free beverage from a local coffee shop, free ice cream drink from my favorite drive-in and some stores will even offer a discount! Hurray for free birthday gifts!

    ReplyDelete