Wednesday, July 1, 2009

no buy july

I am up for challenges right now. I'm trying to write the bulk of a dissertation this month, and I've started a cleanse- banning all dairy, wheat, alcohol, and sugar for 21 days. But that's not enough. So, yet another goal for this month: not to buy anything (besides detox food of course- a girl's gotta eat and that means having ingredients for gluten free living). SO, no buying shoes (gasp!), clothes, entertainment, restaurant visits, or things for my dog (double gasp!). I honestly can't imagine it right now. I think the last time I did this was before I received an allowance.

Anyway, there are a lot of "NOs" this month but I have to reframe these experiences:
YES to productivity
YES to health
YES to saving
YES to new ideas

Let the experiment(s) begin.

2 comments:

  1. July sounds like it will be a wretched month for pretty crumpets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shed a tear for your loss and bid you luck on your journey. Maybe to make myself feel better I'll go shoe shopping. Get the irony - oh sorry, that was just mean. I'll stop now.

    ReplyDelete