Tuesday, March 2, 2010

how to make a tooth fairy kit

I started making these for my friend's consignment store, Little Closets. It is easy to do: simply knit a tiny "tooth tote," and include a poem to the T.F. on a scroll for the child to sign (it is also a good lesson about how to write a letter). Here is the one I made up:

Dear Tooth Fairy,

At first my little tooth was loose
It wiggled around like the neck of a goose.
I would poke it with my thumb and push it with my tongue
And then, finally, it was out: and I sung!
So now the stars are out and all is right
Thank you, Miss Fairy, for taking my tooth tonight!

Sincerely,
Michelle Molar

Then put the tote and the note in an old spice jar, make a label, paint the lid (my is still drying) and give it to any little one who wants a visit from the tooth fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment